Why is My Listing Not Selling? It Could Be Bad MLS Photos
“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.” ~ Red Astaire
First, Set Up the Space …
… Then Create Great Curb Appeal
Use the Correct Lighting …
… and Use a Wide Angle Lens
Choose the Right Perspective …
… and Eliminate Blurring
Vertical Lines Must be Perfectly Straight …
… and Horizontal Lines Must be Level
Don’t Let Bright Windows Distract …
… and Don’t Let Color Casts Distract
Above All, Be Versatile …
… and Don’t Keep Buyers in Suspense Decora Photography
Marketing Your Listings
• Selling real estate is all about marketing and setting yourself – and your listing – apart from the competition. • It’s also about getting the most amount of money for your clients in the shortest amount of time possible.
• Images are one of the biggest reasons Internet marketing has become so popular. (2007 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)
• 80% of Internet shoppers say images are imperative when deciding to buy or use a company’s product or services. (2006 Pew Study)
• People will make a snap – and often unconscious – judgment about a listing based on just the first photo of the property …
• They are judging a book by its cover!
• Think of a property listing in terms of a personal profile on a dating website …
• The pictures should be as flattering as possible without tipping into outright deception.
• Homes that are professionally photographed get an average 61% more views than similar listings that are not professionally photographed. (2010 Redfin Study on Photography)
• Professional photos are worth 1,000 words – or dollars!
• They bring in at least $934 (for a $200,000 home) and as much as $116,076 (for a $1 million home) MORE than the other homes on the market that are not professionally photographed. (2010 Redfin Study on Photography)
• You owe it to your client to make a strong first impression by making your listing look the best it can …
• … because you won’t get a second chance to make a great first impression.
• You’re the listing agent who was hired by the home owners to market their property …
• It’s up to you to make the MLS and other online photos of your listings both eye-catching and memorable!
You can’t change the real estate market …
… but you can change how you market real estate!
“If your listing is not ready for a photo shoot, then it’s not ready for visitors either.”
Lew Corcoran, ASP®, IAHSP
Accredited Staging Professional
Professional Real Estate Photographer
Phone: (508) 443-1332
Serving the Boston South Shore, Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, and Rhode Island
Decora Photography – Home Staging, Real Estate Photography, Walk-Through Videos, Floor Plans, and Virtual Tours