10 Reasons Why You Should Stage Your Home to Sell
1. You Will Make More Money
• According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the average staging investment is between 1 and 3 percent of the home’s asking price.
• But it generates a rate of return of 8 to 10 percent!
2. Your House Will Sell Faster
• A recent Accredited Home Staging® survey revealed that staged homes sell much faster than non-staged homes.
• 95% of staged homes sell on average in 11 days or less while non-staged homes typically sell in 3 months or more.
3. The Longer Your Home is on the Market, the Lower the Sales Price Will Be
• A recent National Association of REALTORS® survey found that after 4 weeks on the market, homes on average sell for 6% less than the ones that sold within the first 4 weeks!
• Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your asking price – have your home professionally Staged®!
4. Home Staging Provides a High Rate of Return on Your Investment
• In a 2009 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 REALTORS®, it was discovered that home staging typically provides a 586% return on investment!
5. Most Home Sellers Cannot View Their Homes Objectively
• If you can’t see your home objectively, then you can’t package it effectively.
• Have an ASP® Home Staging Professional get your home into its most advantageous position for showings.
6. Only 10% of Home Buyers Can Visualize the Potential of a Home
• That’s why Staging® a home is so crucial. You don’t want all the advantages your home has to offer overlooked and left up to the buyer’s imagination, do you?
7. Your Online Photos Will Stand Out Among the Competition
• According to a recent NAR Profile of Buyers, more than 90% of home buyers are searching for homes for sale online first before deciding to visit.
• Give buyers a reason to drive to your house by having multiple professional high quality photos of beautifully Staged® rooms that will stand out among the competition!
8. The Money You Spend on Home Staging May Be Tax Deductible!
• Take advantage of a possible tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possible for the sale of your home, while getting a possible tax deduction for spending on Staging® services to improve and sell your home.
• (Note: Be sure to consult with your accountant or legal tax advisor.)
9. Leaving Your Home in an “As Is” Condition Will Only Help Sell the Competition
• Right now, the number of homes on the market is low. However, buyers have very high expectations.
• Successful real estate agents know that the key to competing in today’s market is professional Home Staging® and photography because it creates compelling online presentations, drives buyer traffic to the home, and turns prospects into buyers.
10. You Can Relax
• You will have the satisfaction of knowing you have done absolutely everything possible to effect a quick sale of your most valuable commodity – and for top dollar!
Successful Marketing to Home Buyers
• “The way you live in your home and the way we market and sell your house are two different things.”
• Savvy home sellers and real estate agents understand that in order to get offers and top dollar for their listings in the least amount of time possible, they need to have it professionally Staged® by an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP®).
• By Staging® your home, you will set the scene throughout your house to create immediate buyer interest in your property.
• Here at Decora Photography, our experienced team of highly trained Accredited Staging Professionals will create “emotional connection points” throughout your home so that when a prospective home buyer steps into your house, they will say … “If I buy this house, I can live like this!”
• A single day with Decora Photography’s team of Accredited Staging Professionals will make all the difference in the selling price of your home! And potential buyers will walk in and say: “This is it! This is the one!”
“If your listing is not ready for a photo shoot, then it’s not ready for visitors either.”
Lew Corcoran, ASP®, IAHSP
Accredited Staging Professional
Professional Real Estate Photographer
Phone: (508) 258-8039
Serving the Boston South Shore, Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, and Rhode Island
Decora Photography – Home Staging, Real Estate Photography, Walk-Through Videos, Floor Plans, Virtual Tours, and Single Property Websites