10 HOT Home Seller Tips to Get Your Home Ready to Sell Fast – Even in a Slow Market!
1. De-Personalize: Pack up family photographs. Buyers want to envision themselves in your home. Don’t distract them.
2. De-Clutter: Disorganized storage space instantly makes the home smaller. Pack anything you don’t need.
3. Make Repairs: Have a local handyman make repairs, patch any holes, and fix leaky faucets.
4. Eliminate Odors: Place pet items in the garage and spray air neutralizer throughout the home.
5. Make the Shiny Stuff Shiny: Hire a house cleaning service to set the bar for you and then shine everything with a reflective surface.
6. Clean the Carpets: Hire a professional to clean all of the carpet in your home every three-to-six months until the home sells.
7. Tone it Down: Paint over any bold colors with neutral ones.
8. Clean the Outside: Clear out the rain gutters and power-wash your siding. A fresh coat of paint on your front door does wonders too!
9. Curb Appeal Sells: Plant colorful flowers, keep a kempt lawn, prune trees, and weed the garden.
10. Show it Off Right: Hire a professional home stager and a virtual tour photography service to showcase your home. It will get 87% more views than homes without a virtual tour.